2013, A Year End Review

As 2013 is coming to an end I think that everyone stops and looks back on what went on in throughout the year. This is not exactly easy for me as my whole year has seemed to change so quickly in this last week or so. Getting through writing this post may be a bit difficult for me, but I know that I had a great year. I made many great memories this year, and had such a wonderful time.

I am not the type of person that makes a huge new years resolution. I've made small ones every so often, but I think that if you want to make a change you should just do it. Not necessarily on the new year. Going into 2014 I do not think there is much to change. I have had a great year. Things have changed in my life some good, some sad but I know that no matter what God has a plan. 

So here is some of my favorite memories of 2013! (please excuse all of the pictures)



The year started off by a trip to San Francisco with my family, and two of our friends.


Donny and I celebrated his 21st birthday in January by going to Disneyland.



My 19th birthday was in March and I got to celebrate in multiple different ways! My friend who lives in North Carolina came out and we went down to San Deigo just the two of us for a night. It was such a fun girls trip. Donny and I celebrated with a trip to the beach. We built sand castles, and went out to dinner. He gave me my second piece of Tiffany's jewelry. 

Another major event that happened in March was this blog! I cannot believe I have kept to something for so long. I actually have a hobby. This tiny space on the internet means so much to me. So much more then I would have thought when I started.


This year a big change happened with a move! This was the first time I remember ever moving.


In May Donny, my sister, and I got our Disneyland Annual Passes. That is very exciting as I believe most of you know how much I love Disneyland! 


In May we also participated in the 24 hour day spent at Disneyland. We made it 22 hours and then caved in and left.



Over summer there were a few fun beach trips!



There were soooo many awesome Disneyland trips that happened this summer. So many memories made!



This summer my family was also able to buy our new home! 


In July Donny and I celebrated our one year anniversary.



In August I started my job at my school. Something that I had been looking forward to for a really long time!



This year I also started painting wood signs way more often!


Over the summer I also made a new best friend who I love dearly! We were able to reconnect over instagram of all places! It really shows how social media can be used to in a beneficial way.


In October Donny and I dressed up as Mary Poppins and Bert for Halloween. My favorite costume yet!


This year I made a pretty drastic change to my hair...if I do say so myself. 



 My family went on an awesome vacation over Thanksgiving to New York. Something I will not forget!



This year I was able to participate in a really awesome school event called Yule! It was so fun to dress up and see how the event was put together.


Last but not least Christmas time! 

Now the year is coming to an end. By midnight tonight we will have finished with a whole new year. A year that we will not know what is going to happen. Only God can see the big picture. Something that I have learned in the last few weeks is that we just have to let God lead and we must go with the flow. Things may change but we just have to trust him. Even when we don't understand.

So cheers to the new years! May you all have a safe and fun New Years Eve!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your new hair color. I think it looks great on you :) and Disney is literally the best place on Earth. Looks like you had a wonderful year. Can't wait to see what 2014 has to offer you!!

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I have such a hard time embracing it! I dye my hair a lot, but it always seems to turn that red color. Thank you for the compliment!

      Delete