Guest Post by Kristen. How She Trys To Not Stress While Wedding Plannng

Here is post #2 while I am away in New York! If you want to see post # 1 from my sister, Maddi, click here. This post is from my best friend Kristen! She has recently started a blog called Living In My Adventure. You should totally go check it out! So here she is!

 
Hi guys, I am honored to be writing a little something while Mariah is in the big city. Here are a few things about me! I love Jesus, I am 19 going on 20, I love all things Disney, my family means everything to me, and my parents are currently missionaries in Haiti. AND the really awesome important thing is that I am in the process of stealing my best friend’s last name. That is what I want to talk about today.

On October 5, 2013, my best friend, Sean, asked me to become his wife. It was one of the best days of my life! Our wedding is set for March 2014, which leaves us a five-month time frame to get this thing planned. I am beyond excited to be beginning this new adventure with Sean, but as we all know, weddings can be very stressful. I am trying to avoid the stress, and so far it has been going pretty smoothly (I know… We are only a month in and have four months to go).

Here are a few things that I do to avoid being overwhelmed:

1. I pray!!
Anytime that I feel like I am not being productive or that things aren’t going as planned, I pray that the Lord would give me a peace and direct me on what I should be doing. I can never doubt my God, He has ALWAYS, without fail, provided for me. The Lord has been showing me to just simply trust in Him. A verse that reminds me of this is Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

2. I remind myself that...
 No matter what, my wedding will be amazing because I am marrying my best friend, and embarking on a new adventure with him by my side, leading me and pointing me towards Christ (what more could a girl ask for?!).
 
One of our biggest worries for the wedding is that it will rain since we are having it outdoors, but even then, how fun would that be! I love rain! It would make for some pretty cool pictures, and an interesting story. Plus, God is in control. He controls the rain and sunshine, so why doubt? He gave us this day and these venues, He already knows how it will turn out, so why even begin to stress?

3. I Pinterest!!

After all of that, I go on Pinterest to look at some unique ways to make my wedding even more special. I think about what I could do that would make this day represent Sean and I even more so.
 



 


Some other details about our wedding that I would love to share with you all is that our color scheme is red, white, and black. We are going for more of a vintage feel with an additional Disney twist (remember...I love all things Disney). We will be having a few things that resemble Disney’s Pixar “Up”.
 
We are having an intimate ceremony with just family in our friend’s back yard that has a beautiful view. Following will be a huge celebratory reception with everyone that has impacted our lives, which will be at our church. The Lord has been providing tremendously, and I can’t wait for our big day!!
 
What was it like to plan your wedding? How do you stop stressing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment