Apple Turnover Recipe


What do you do after you go apple picking? Bake! So that's what I did. I made apple turnovers, and they are pretty darn good if I do say so myself! So I thought that I would share the recipe with y'all!

Ingredients:
4-8 apples (I made 24 and used 6 apples)
1/2 cup of white or brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
crescent rolls

1. Preheat the oven to the degrees on the crescent rolls instructions. 


2. Peel the apples. My mom has an apple peeler that also takes the core out. It is super helpful!


3. Cut the apple slices into fourths. 


4. Mix in the sugar, salt, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I normally add the certain amount of cinnamon and then eye ball it to see if the majority of apples are covered.


5. Unroll the crescent rolls and add apples to the top part. I used the Pillsbury kind, but I'm sure anything would work. 

6. Roll the crescent rolls, and tuck the sides on top. 

7. Bake for the allotted amount of time on the crescent roll packaging. 


Ta Da! All done! So simple, and so delicious! I would love to hear if you guys try this out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment