Responding To Your Ability

Responsibility. This word seems so foreign to our generation. Children and teens seem to get everything handed to them. No one has to work for what they want anymore. This has only caused our generation to be lazy and completely unreliable. 

The dictionary defines responsibility as a duty or task that you are required or expected to do. At my church on Sunday our pastor said a phrase about responsibility that really stuck with me. He said it is how you respond to your ability. I liked that saying.

This last weekend I found out that I am blessed to be rehired as a student leader for my school. This is a responsibility that I have completely loved having and being apart of this year, and am so pumped to be able to continue to be apart of my office again next year! However, since I will be a returner next year it brings much more responsibility with the job. The responsibility that I am given is something I don't take lightly at all. I don't feel like any responsibility should be taken lightly.

How someone handles responsibility tells a lot about their character. I would hope that how I handle each and every responsibility I am given tells that I am responsible and someone can trust me with a lot. I want to be able to respond to the ability that God has given me with grace and confidence that no one can doubt what I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment