Shop My Closet Event

Hello Ladies!

So as promised today I will be talking about the Shop My Closet Event that I had this past weekend. It was a lot of fun to put together, and I made a lot of money.


Now first I have to tell you this was not my own idea. Back in May I went to a friends event who was raising money for a missions trip to South East Asia. She had taken some of her clothes and hung them on clothes racks in her living room. She had an event on facebook and invited a bunch of people. When we got there we just shopped around what was set out for us. My sister and I got some pretty cool things, and it was a lot of fun.

With the move my mom, sister, and I had gone through our closets and had bags and boxes of stuff that we wanted to get rid of. We also had so much stuff that people had handed down to us that never fit us to begin with. As I was going through it all thinking about how my mom would sell it for 50 cents at the next garage sale I realized many of the clothes weren't that worn and brand names. They were totally worth more than 50 cents! So began my little event.

I started by making an event on facebook. If you click here you can see the event I made, and how I publicized about it. I invited all of the girls that lived in my area and I had my sister do the same. I did this about a week before my event. Since we had so much stuff I began pricing right away! I just used the little pins that a seamstress uses when hemming clothes and I just wrote prices on little pieces of paper. I did that for all of the shirts and pants, but for swim suits, bras, scarfs, and work out clothes I just made a set price.

Now to get the word out about the event I posted pictures of a few items that would be being sold at the event. I used this as a count down until the event so that way no one forgot about it. It also helped people to see the range of prices and sizes. I also knew that I myself have a tendency to ignore events on facebook, but I really pay attention to messages. So I went through and messaged the girls individually giving them a personal invite to shop my closet. I think that by doing this it really made the guests feel welcome, and more likely to come.

Here is a video that I also posted on instagram the day before the event after I was all set up.


Not as many girls showed up as I was expecting, but I think that also had to do with the time of the event. Most people were on vacation since it still is summer. I plan on doing another one during the school year.

If you girls do your own let me know how it goes or if you have any questions feel free to ask! Also tell me what you think of mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment