Stop and Smell The Roses

 
Hi My Dears,
 
Today's lately post is going to be a little different. I want to talk about something that I have been doing lately and really shouldn't be. That is rushing along. I feel like lately I have been all about moving on to the next thing. Last week I kept telling myself "Just make it to Saturday (moving day). Just make it to that." This week it seems to be "Just make it to August." I feel like I keep rushing past and trying to get on to the next thing. By doing this I also seem to be missing out on what is going on around me.
 
Now don't get me wrong, setting goals for oneself is not a bad. Setting goals is great! However, one thing that I think so many of us forget to do is enjoy the process of getting to the goals we set. Yes, making a goal is fantastic, but what about the memory of the struggle and excitement of getting to that goal.
 
The song by Trace Adkins, You're Gonna Miss This, comes to mind. If we are all in such a hurry to move on or to get to the next thing in life then we may look back and miss the memories we could have been making on the way there.
 
For me it relates in that I really want to get to school. However, if I focus on just getting to August or just getting to September I may miss the excitement of decorating the house. Or spending my summer with my sister and Donny.
 
So this is a reminder for me and maybe for you. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses. God puts us in a situation for a reason. It may be a hard situation or a fun one, but either way enjoy it, learn from it, and make memories along the way!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment