Mini Pumpkin Pies

What say autumn better then pumpkins? I mean that's how you know October is here! Pumpkins are everywhere! I was scrolling through pinterest as I always do and saw this picture.
Mini Pumpkin Pies in a Muffin Tin
Do those not look amazing!! Well I sure thought so and I had to make it. The best part about it was that Donny and I did it together. We had a little hard time with portions, but we fixed it and they turned out amazing! Perfect little snacks!
 
The pin took you to this website. However, here is the recipe that I used. You will need everything on the mix list and a 9in pie crust.
 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
 
Mix:
  -2 cups canned pumpkin
  -1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
  -1/4cup brown sugar
  -1/2 cup white sugar
  -1/2 teaspoon salt
  -1 teaspoon cinnamon
  -1/2 teaspoon ginger
  -1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  -1/8 teaspoon cloves
  -2 slightly beaten eggs
 
I mixed all of those things up in a bowl with just a spoon. They were not hard to mix together!
 
Then I sprayed my cupcake tins. After I took out my pie crust and using an old circle sandwhich cuter my mother had I cut out all of my circles.
 
Next I pressed them into the cupcake tins. I let the sides fold over just like in the picture. Score the bottom of your dough with a fork.
 
After you have all of that done pour in your pumpkin filling. I filled mine almost to the very top.
 
The recipe online calls to bake them at 425 for 15 minutes. Then turn the heat down to 350 and bake them for 25-30 minutes.
 
I let mine cool, put some whipped cream on top, and then ate them up! They were so delicious!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment